Tuesday, August 5, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things: Coffee Shake


Coffee Shake
Originally uploaded by katkimchee
There have been so many things that I've enjoyed about my time in Korea so far. One of the best is Lotte Coffee Shake. Our small convenience store at the camp cafeteria has a large freezer filled with frozen treats - mostly ice cream bars. In this treasure trove, I discovered the coffee shake.

Packaged something like juice pouches, but with a capped nozzle instead of those annoying small plastic straws, the coffee shake must be gently massaged to break up the icy sweet goodness contained within. It's something like my favorite treat back home - coffee granitas. There are other varieties: vanilla, strawberry, and Oreo cookie, but my favorite is the coffee version.

Several of my co-teachers are now hooked, but the convenience store's supply has been exhausted. I tried my best to find out whether they will be getting more, and I think the clerk understood my demonstration of sucking a coffee shake and shedding tears over their disappearance. She held up five fingers, which I take to mean that the supply will be replenished in five days.

Hopefully.

No comments: